Tuesday, February 23, 2010

laundry room

We moved into our home in July of 2009 and it has been so fun doing little projects around the house. The laundry room has started to be a favorite of mine. I like to write my letters and do my little sewing projects there. It is a peaceful place.....I have never had a "laundry room" before. I think it is more like a "my getaway place." Nobody else in the household even steps into that room....I feel like it is my little secret space.
My mom recovered this old chair she had in such a sweet print. She also helped me paint lavender stripes on one of the walls. Very tricky to do, she has talent! I love the color lavender...it is such a peaceful and relaxing color. I bought the crate and barrel lampshade at a model home garage sale for $20 bucks....it is over $200 at the store...I love a deal!
I also love chalkboards. I have a couple in my house. What a great way to write something powerful and meaningful.  What little things do you do in your home that are meaningful to you?
Have a blessed day!

(images: my own of laundry room)

1 comment:

  1. I love your chalkboard ~ where did you get it? Will you help me find one?

    ReplyDelete